Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Day That Will Be Long Remembered

While still basking in the afterglow of the Presidential Election, what should arrive in the mail, but my copy of C.S. Grant's, "The Wargame Companion"! After a quick scan of the contents, I am impressed. Once again Mr. Grant delivers the goods in a classic style, as he lets us "peek behind the curtain" into the mechanics and finer details of a Grant-style wargame. Just like "The Wargame", it can be read again and again with just as much enjoyment as the first time.

In addition, the mailbox coughed up Battlegames #14! Huzzah!! Every wargamer should have a subscription to this excellent publication.

Then in a remarkable three for three, there was a package from Historifigs with my first 25mm Scruby Jager Regiment! It just doesn't get better than this!

3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

What a good day - I look forward to the figures appearing upon the table...
best wishes
Alan

Bluebear Jeff said...

Martin,

May you have many more great days. I don't have my "Wargames Companion" yet (it is somewhere in the grip of Canada Post) . . . but Battlegames #14 is one of the best issues yet . . . enjoy!


-- Jeff

Snickering Corpses said...

Being ultra-Conservative, I can't share your joy in the election ;) But I certainly share the joy in the rest!

I hope you'll post photos of the Historifigs Jagers, and which figures they are. I've had my eye on some for eventual purchase as a Jager battalion of my own.