2009 already?! Didn't we just celebrate this a few months ago? It seems the years go by faster the older I get. Remember as a kid when the seasons lasted long enough that when they changed, you were ready? Hummm....seems there's a warning in there somewhere - like, "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.", or "Time and tide wait for no man."; or even, "When can we expect payment?".
Oh well then. In keeping with the tradition of the season, here's my wargaming resolutions:
1. Finish off the basement for the wargaming area of my dreams. The Margravine refers to it as "The Man Cave". I envision a massive table for my armies to clash upon. Storage shelves so that my warriors can be displayed when not in use, and my massive book collection can be removed from the cardboard boxes from the garage. Adequate lighting so that I can see what I'm doing. Military themed posters and paintings on the walls. It will be great!
2. Master the digital camera that we got for Christmas , so that I too, may add pictures to the blog. (They really are worth a thousand words and add so much to the postings.)
3. I am grimly determined that 2009 will be the year that I actually go to a Convention, so I can meet some of you characters in person.
4. Try to keep track of how many miniatures I paint this year. I hope that this will spur me to set aside some time each week to reduce that pile of plastic and pewter.
5. Last, but not least, actually try to get some wargaming done!
Good luck in 2009! May your dice never let you down!