Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Walking Wounded

Well....the month of April has sure had it's share of surprises. Back on the 15th (Tax Day! Boo! Hiss!) my brother was involved in a bicycle/Golden Retreiver accident while going to the local YMCA to lifeguard at the pool. The dog is OK, but John suffered a broken left elbow and right wrist. Ouch! So he's come to stay with us until he recovers. Oddly enough, the doctors say that the elbow will recover before the wrist does.

Now my brother has always been an active, self-reliant fellow; used to being on his own, and so this is going to be a big change for the next six months or so. I guess it's a good thing we're related, because when you can't use either arm for very much, there are just some things that only a close relative can do for you. It reminds me of when I broke my left wrist while serving in South Korea. Normally no big deal, but I'll be darned if the Army didn't introduce the Battle Dress Uniforms (BDU) with the button fly the next week! You sure find out who your friends are in a hurry, when you're in a situation like that!

So if I don't post as often as I'd like over the next few months, bear with me.

1 comment:

Fitz-Badger said...

Ouch! Best wishes to your brother for a full recovery at the soonest possible moment!