Monday, December 16, 2013

One if by land; two if by sea...but what if there's three?

Hello! The rumors of my demise are just rumors. Raubenstadt is still sputtering along when circumstances allow, and I hope to post more often. Anyway...GREAT NEWS! The three sets of HaT's 1/72nd Scale Seven Year's War Prussian Infantry (Command, Marching, and In Action) are available in the U.S.! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! I received mine from the Michigan Toy Soldier Company, out of Detroit today. These are some great looking miniatures and I can't wait to see how they look on the tabletop. They won't drain the ol' warchest either! Now all those "Grant Style" regiments and brigades that I lusted for in my youth, but could not afford, are about to happen. The Command Box has four sprues. Each has a Mounted Officer, two subalterns on foot, a Standard Bearer, a Drummer, and a Flute player. The Marching and In Action Boxes have Forty privates each. If you're looking to recruit some stout hearted lads, check out the offerings from HaT! Cue the creepy organ music! Martin P.S. The title of the post refers to the journey that these little fellows have taken to get to me...land, sea, and air!

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Welcome back, sir. It is far too long since your last post.

Why not show us some photos of your new troops? That is a good excuse for another post, isn't it?


-- Jeff

Martin said...

Hi Jeff (you ol' Bluebear you)

I'll have to get my IT Staff (aka one of the kids) to walk me through it. They have been unkind enough to say, "Dad is a techtard."

HaT does have some pictures of their "greens" buried in their "Forum" site. Eventually, the guys at Plastic Soldier Review will take a look at them as well. These guys are going to look FANTASTIC - enough detail to look the part, yet tough enough for the rigors of wargaming.

The thing I'm really jazzed about is that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Eventually, HaT will have as many SYW sets as they do Napoleonics! Tricorne infantry, cavalry, and artillery for everybody!